Twitter has been a great social media platform for sharing news, ideas, and updates. Not just people but companies use this platform for their company’s updates and employees use Twitter to post their accomplishments. Microsoft Teams on the other hand is an enterprise collaboration platform that can be extended with other 3rd party apps including Twitter.
Sadly, Microsoft had retired the Twitter connector for Teams last year in March following the announcement in Message Center (MC207399). For more details, read this article by Tony Redmond for more details. But the story does not end here, there is a way to connect Twitter with Microsoft Teams and that is by using Microsoft Power Automate. In this tutorial, I will be showing you brief steps on how to connect your Twitter account with Teams.
- An Office 365 subscription with Power Platform license
- A Twitter account
- A Teams license with a Team and Channel
How to do it?
- Go to your Office 365 and then select Power Automate.
- Click on Create from left navigation.
3. Start from Blank I would suggest and choose Automate cloud flow
4. For the flow to work, you need a trigger that runs the flow and does the rest of the actions. Here, we want to search for a tweet having the text “Azure” and post it into the Teams Channel message. Go ahead and make your trigger with the “Shared application” option and sign in to your Twitter account to authorize the app.
5. Once the trigger is set up, you need an Action that will be performed in response to the trigger. As already said in the previous point, we need to post the tweet in a Teams Channel. Let us search for a team’s action and connect our Team and Channel.
You need to have a Team and Channel which was also mentioned in the pre-requisite. Also, in the Message section, you can put a Dynamic value of “Tweet Text” which will post the exact tweet text as a message in a Teams channel.
6. Once done, save and test the flow either manually or automatically. The end result should be like this:
The use-case for such flow is to let your employees aware of the latest updates of the company’s policies and any updates. Do try it in your organization and tailor it as per your requirements.